Friday, June 22, 2007

The Singapore Experience

Yeah, i am adjusting and digesting the fact that i am really working in Singapore right now. Been here a week and felt the same shitty feeling of lonely everynight. Damn it! Lonely in the middle of the a jungle of people passing you by without glancing you and noticing your existence.


Just imagine you are standing in the middle of a shopping centre. Still without any big movement. Everyone else is passing by you left and right walking at slow and fast pace. Some are rushing, some are jay-walking, some are just breezing around, some are window shopping and some are even crawling. So you stand still for 10 minutes and hoping deep down in your heart someone that will actually notice your existance in the 1st place.


20 minutes, 30 minutes gone. F*** it, its the same thing, no 1 will ever notice your existance. Feeling lonely again and fed-up! Think that will be norm for all people that stays at a very developed city where everyone is busy doing something somewhere rushing here and there.


Have you ever been to Food Court in shopping centre in Singapore during dinner time around 6pm to 8pm. Try it. Good experience and lots of stuff to notice at.


There was this incident few days back. I was enjoying my plate chicken chop fried rice, tasting and savouring the aroma and the juiciness of the chicken. Knock Knock! Two little primary school kids come and stands beside my table staring at me eating the last bits of my chicken. The mother was standing beside wondering when can i swallow the last piece of my chicken down the throat and move from their targeted table.


Meanwhile, the 2 kids cross their arms and lean at the side of my table staring ferociously at my face indicating me to move on. His eyes was staring at me like @-@ for 30 full seconds. Meanwhile, the mother was complaining of no tables around for then to eat.


I continue to eat the last pieces of my chicken. Feeling like shit and have to rush it down my throat! Get it down and get my ass moving along.


Thats it people. Beware when you do eat in Singapore as kids might eat you alive for swallowing your food so damn slow.






No comments: