Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I am a Fit Cat!

Wakakakakakaka! I am no longer obese nor toooooooo fat! Woooooohooooooo!



I am in acceptance level. But but but, of course i am trying to shoot for athletic body form. Body fats at only 12% to 18%. Could you imagine a males body being rock hard? Hahaha. Go on, guys or girls, check out yur body fats % at menshealth.com

Neeeeeeeeeeh. Imagine those perfect body like those in ancient spartan times. You can imagine that body form for Achilles in Troy by Brad Pitt kinda body. Hahahaha. Perhaps maybe i am shooting too far. But hey! Its my body and this body is going to be with me for the longest time. To my grave to be exact.

What i need to do now is to be patient and stick to the plan. Work that sweat out and build that muscle. Get it ripped and burn that fat. Diet and watch over my calories, which btw, i've found that i know that my body needs like 3800 calories a day to sustain my body needs?

How do i calculate the formula to know exactly the amount of calories i need? Follow this method that i read from bodybuilding.com about BMR, which stands for Basal Metabolic Rate. Of course, this does not include the activities that you do, and it depends. How do you measure someone who is running a marathon and lifting everyday versus someone who sits at desk typing for 10 hours a day. Sure its different right?

Male: 66 + (13.7 x KG) + (5 x CM) - (6.8 x age)

Female: 655 + (9.6 x KG) + (1.8 x CM) - (4.7 x age)

Well, for me, the BMR calculation comes out to be 2063. Then, i need to multiply this BMR 2063 with the activity i am involved in daily. These are the rates given by the website.

And since that i am considered moderately active, thus, 2063 x 1.55 = 3197. Waaaalaaaa! I need around 3200 calories /day to maintain my body needs. Substract 500 calories from that figures and stick to 2700 calories + cardio for 4 to 5 days a week that includes strength training and i'll be on my way to 18% body fats goal! Realistic timeline 3 - 6 months of effort.

I am gonna be fit cat! Watch out! Its sizzzzzzzzzling HOT!

No comments: