Saturday, January 10, 2009

Kaixuan Fitness Center in Zhangjiagang

Fitness and health is important to me recently. Life changing moments i think or perhaps i am terribly sick and tired of being overweight. "Spare tires" coming out and having a hard time to find a nice attire to wear. Sweating out of no where during air-con hours. My body is not healthy, in short.

I was looking around for a gym center in either Shanghai or Zhangjiagang in the beginning. I went to California Fitness in Shanghai and Physical Gym to checkout for more info. California Fitness is a premium center that costs a smucking RMB7000/pa and Physical is the cheaper version that costs around RMB2k to 3k/pa.

But at the end, due to traveling and time constraint, i decided to stick with gym session in Zhangjiagang. I enrolled into this gym, Kaixuan Fitness Center during their opening promotion. Costs me around RMB1500/pa, if not mistaken. I enrolled and signed up with a few friends and from there voila! there i am!


I enjoy the workout session tremendously. It is due to the feeling of sensation, the joy of muscle aching, the adrenaline rush during the weight pump or that techno music blasting through my ears when i work out. My body start to change. I get fitter and i get thinner. My pants, my jeans, my shirts, my coats and everything else seems bigger.



Of course, i did my other part as well. I eat better. I eat according to timing now. Less carb at night, energy food in the morning, more water and less rice. Anyway, back to the point. Kaixuan Fitness Center has a nice lounge area, 1 yoga room, 1 spinning class room, 1 kick boxing room, several treadmills, a couple of bicycles and elliptical machines, resistance machines and free weight area.



I personally like to hangout at the free weight area and resistance machine. Jogging and treadmill for warm up during the winter times. I normally spends around 3-4 days per week if i am free and 1 to 2 hours in the gym. Pump that muscle and lift the weight. There after, i normally jog for another 10 minutes if i am not rushing or else, i would head to stretching area to relax my muscles after working out. 15 minutes normally.



I really love the sensation of the feelings after gym sessions. I sleep better at night and feel healthier during working days. I can cope more with work stress and i do not panic easily during unpleasant times. I love the feeling of muscle aching, that reminds me to eat less and healthier. Knowing that my muscles will grow back stronger and bigger.

I know i am getting better with times and i will be better in shape. 6 months. I am telling myself. By then, perhaps i have to change my wardrobe completely! Hahaha. Stay fit and stay healthy, my friends!

No comments: