Monday, January 12, 2009

Fitness Tips

I want to bulk up. Nuff said. I am getting thinner, thats a good start. But i am also getting smaller, which i do not want to. My shirts and jeans seems to get bigger constantly. I am worried. My waist is smaller. So is my chest.

I need to bulk up physically. Gawd! The formulae is simple:

1. Weight training 25%
2. Food intake 75%

Back to the weight training. I read from here that lifting heavy can really increase the strength and the size of the muscle. Its true, and i am experiencing it. 3 x 3 is what they called it. I think i can managed 4 x 3. 4 reps of 3 sets of super heavy compound lifting. 9 sets per body part for each session.

Simplicity. Bench press 3 sets x 4 reps followed by incline dumbbell press 3 sets x 4 reps followed by alternate dumbbell press 3 sets x 4 reps. All of these sets are for chests workout, to ensure that i have done the 25% of the weight training part.

Now to the food intake. This needs arrangement and planning accordingly. I need to consume protein and calories adequately to ensure muscle growth. Too little protein, i will decrease in size and no muscle growth. Too much protein and calories, i will grow fatter at waist and look bloated.

Ensuring that i eat as according to time as well. Small meals breakdown over the whole day to provide adequate calories for my body needs and protein for muscle repair.

I also read here that i need to eat more egg white. Its definitely cheaper comparing to drinking protein shakes. I was surprise when i read the 1 egg white only has 6 grams of protein. And as according to my body weight (i weight approximately 200 pounds), i will need to eat around 200 to 400 grams of protein / day if i want to maintain my muscle mass.

Take that into account, if i were not to eat any protein for the rest of the day, i will need to eat 30 eggs white in 1 day! Crazy meh! *faint* Or else, i can substitute my food intake with more japanese food for their fresh salmon sashimi or that huge beef steak!

Please read more at here for tips to grow and build muscle of yours. Credits from respective authors and websites.

Gawd! I need to eat more protein!

No comments: