Friday, May 23, 2008

Rich!

I am very into business, financial and economic news and ideas recently. I read a lot. Especially on those news and stories about individuals, companies and other things from Fortune, Forbes, books, magazines and even wikipedia!

Frankly, i have a super huge dream. I would call it an ambition. Something that i am inspired to be. My inner desire and my burning candle lighting it all the way. Of course, things might turn out not to be exact 20 years down the road but hey! i am still inches away from what i am destine to be. I am who i am!

I read all these news and stories about John D Rockefeller and his business empire in petroleum industry. The size and magnitude of his wealth and his icon long after he is gone. Just imagine this person use all the tricks imaginable in the book, squeezing his competitor and cutting out the competition to his advantage in order to become the biggest. Sorta of the big bang theory, that you need to have that mass size in order to compete efficiently and effectively. His business sense and his business acumen, that has served him well, over his lifetime to get to where he was today, iconic. I like his ambition, of course it was during back then, 18xx ++, and it sounds like this:

"As a youth, Rockefeller allegedly said that his two great ambitions were to make $100,000 and to live 100 years."


Classic!


I would like to quote this, "As a youth, Victor allegedly said that his two great ambitions were to make $100 million in his lifetime and live his life to the fullest enjoying every day of his life!"



:)



Another guy to ponder on. This is not much of legacy but his bold ambition and his desire to be different. His name is Brad Duke, a manager working in States who hit a mother of all jackpot. A whopping prize of USD$ 85 million after tax. Whao! You might say that. Read on in his interview to see the difference in the mindset of individuals, even a lottery winner.

Quote from Fortune.com, when ask what did he did with his money?

His reply was "I wanted to make the most of the opportunity that was given to me, so I put together a team with the intent to reach and maintain a $1 billion status over a particular period of time. I wanted to do it in 10 years, which I knew was aggressive. My team talked me into looking at 15 years. But it looks like we're on track for 12 years. When you do something like that, the more you become worth, the quicker your growth curve is. My total net worth right now is at an unofficial value of $128 to $130 million. We've done very well for the first year and a half."

Can you imagine what goes in his mind? Coolest smartest reply ever.

Meanwhile, imagine this.



Would you like one? :)

No comments: