Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bad People Management

I hate autocratic system and authoritarian. I was talking with 1 of my friend online last night. He was like shock and got a culture shock when he gets back from UK and starts to work in the corporate environment in Asia. And its only in Malaysia. It gets worst in China.

The working culture and the way the system of working in Asia is totally different from developed countries such as UK or States. Yeah! Maybe in UK/States they still exist, but its only minority compare to that in KL or Asia. Its still hugely affected and majority of the companies still have this deep root in them, the culture of authoritarian and the mindset " i'm your superior, you must listen to me" kinda culture.

I've seen the bad side of people management in China. For instance, i've seen 1 lady superior working in a restaurant. She just scolded her staff furiously in front of the customer and in front of all the colleagues. The way she scolded is like a teacher scolding a primary student for skipping school or done some huge mistakes.

I was like stunned and surprised that the event took place in front of me. But, it is absolutely normal for them in China. If i was in that position, i would have ... ! All of these scolding and suffering for a meagre of perhaps 1k RMB of monthly pay, which if we are to convert, RM460 perhaps?

Its degrading and its humiliating. It does not serve any human rights at all. But, who are we to decide what right and what wrong when we are not involved into it... Sad side of story. But if i'm the owner of that business, i would have done something about it. But its not my call on that day.

So the morale of the story is... You decide and let me know. Out!

No comments: