Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Randomness 2007 - Pleasant Day!

I am very pleased today at this very morning. Although the weather is still hot, but at least the wind is on our side. Winds blowing breezing across my cheek with a soft touch of cooling air. Its nice today. But of course as usual, morning is supposed to be pleasant. No breakfast as usual, only a glass of milk. Btw, they do sell sour milk here as well and in the same kinda look packing. Only mandarin characters can differentiate it. I am poor particularly at that area. Initially i thought i bought a spoilt milk. I was wrong. It is perfectly normal for the people here to drink sour cow milk. No joke!

I received a short message from my love one this morning while in the bus on the way to work. It was just a simple sms, but much can be derived from it. My brains starts moving with my heart starts to feel a heavy kinda feeling. Next month is Sept and it is particularly important for me. I have 3 libras in my family and with all birthdays in a short month, i've already started to think and tinker with and about my schedule even though i'm in China right now slogging through my work.

My work momentarily is still at light. Stress will built up soon in a matter of time. I've seen my colleague who handles the same thing at headquarter in SG. He was stress up all the time. It is not that my work is mind blowing or too challenging, it is just that there is so much to be done. There is no system that work in place yet and it is still messy here and there. Renovation is near completion at my office and i do hope i will get a nice cozy place with air-con blowing at my seat. I'm a hot person. I sweat profusely and i sweat sometimes for no reason like now. I am sweating lightly even at a air-conditioned room. I do exercise and play sports. Sweaty kinda of sports. Maybe i am weak or i am stress-up easily.

One of my friend actually to refer me as Raining man when i sweat. I sweat like water tank leaking but only starts from my head. I was thinking, izzit that i am having a lot of stress and tension, since i sweat from my head 1st. I dunno, maybe i drank a lot of water everyday. Or perhaps i am who i am. Different! Haha...

Theres one thing particularly i like about us, being Malaysian and Singaporean, Chinese looking people, in China. We are treated as special and we are greeted with a smile once we open our mouth and speaks. I can't help it but to feel that we are always treated with more respect and more attention is given to us especially after we speak. We are treated with more smile when we dine at restaurants, we are given special kinda look when we dine and we are different overall.

China's Chinese speaks only 1 common language and their own "kampung" slang kinda language. We are multi-lingual and we speaks several common language i.e. Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, Hakka, English, Bahasa, and etc. When i am here having conversation with any local chinese here, the 1st thing they will ask you is, "you're not local right?" They presume that i am from either Korea or Hong Kong/Guang Zhou. Some who have been to overseas might goes further, guessing either from Korea or Malaysia/Singapore. And since majority of them do not even owns a passport, they do not know how it looks overseas.

We are treated as above average and we are given special treatment, or perhaps i thinks and feels too much. They just know that our pocket is deeper. Haha, maybe they are expecting to be given tips, since the locals here do not give any. We, foreigners, do really spend when we eat and dine, we do not look at the prices of the menu too much since that we know its almost the same as back home. We dine at clean and cozy places, and we eat a-lot, really a-lot compared to locals here. We order our food and drinks without hesitation about sugar level or cholestrol level nor the prices. The only thing that matters is the cleanliness and the quality of the food.

As a saying goes, Its not a matter of choice, it the only thing that matters, Good Food!

Haha...

Enjoy your day!

No comments: