Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Money Money Money

I was shock! My money seems to go like water flowing out of my pocket and from my bank. WTF! Seriously, you can never imagine that the living expenses here is not that cheap. I buy stuff and use it here and there. Wah! then only i know that the amount of $ i spend is mind-blowing! I was having the mentality of converting whatever amount of renminbi to ringgit malaysia. Its a bad habit. Everytime i spend, i think and convert X amount of renminbi to RM. I thought its slightly cheaper than Malaysia. Yes, it is slightly cheaper. So, then i use it thinking a got a bargain and value for money.

What i did not realised and aware is that, i spend more money this way. I just realised that i spend more money here for the last 2 weeks compare to the same 2 weeks in Malaysia. Maybe i was just being spendthrift in here, while a saver back in Malaysia. But, i think the main prime motivator for me to spend the money is mentally i was converting the value of money to RM. Hence, making me feels that i spend little for the same item back home.

I was dumbfounded. I need to control it. I am and i will try to spend less and not thinking about the value of conversion. I think that way i can save at least a little bit more. Thats my purpose of coming to work here anyway.

But i seriously thinks that the competition and the overall prices here, item for item, is slightly cheaper than in M'sia. Ciggies and beers are cheaper. Food is almost the same range of prices. Overall, the living expenses here is almost the same back home. The only differences is the earning potential. Local graduates over here earn less then what we make back home when we graduate. It sucks! Seeing them struggling silently.

But nevertheless, this is world and it is not fair and it will never be fair. Thats life and i accept it the way it is.

How about you?

No comments: