Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Real World!

I was talking to my fellow friends the other night during a cup of ice latte and a pot of oolong tea. We talk and talk and we came to a discussion about the issue of capitalism and democratic society. It was an intrigued subject yet a messy and sensitive subject, i must say. Different people have a different opinion and different view on these 2 matter. Some view it neutral, some hate it, some goes with it, some like it, some don't really cares about it and some even do not know what it is.

I have my own view regards to the above. Whatever i wrote here is purely on my own opinion and its not necessary the correct nor it is wrong. Its just purely my own opinion and view. I was brought up from my childhood to an adult now believing in democratic society. I believe in justice and fairness. I believe the world of capitalism brings good and benefits to the ever growing society. Perhaps the world is just too messy and too complicated. Really.

There are always 2 sides to a coin and 2 views that contradicts each other. It exists and it needs each other. It is not a matter of whose right and wrong but a matter of view. For example, a car collide with another car causing an accident. Whose fault it is? I believe both also plays a part in the accident, it is just whether we are aware of it and whether we wanted to accept it as partly of our fault as well. Well, no one wants to be a loser and no one wants to lose. It hurts our ego and our "being" being on the wrong side and we tends to justify and reasoning it to make ourselves feels better. Ain't it true?

The above scenario is just a simple example of the world currently. To make it more realistic, just replace the scenario with real-life issue, terrorism, religion, communism and etc. Just imagine all the possibilities. Billions of outcome and billions of variables. Non-stop action and non-stop negativity.

How about the world of capitalism? Do you like it because it works your way as you have achieve something out of it? Or do you hate it due to your failure to capitalize on it? Or do you hate it so much as it widens the gap between you and the rich, that you can hardly breathe and catch up with the rest of the bees? Multiples of view and multiples of opinion. I personally feels that capitalism brings more good than harm. I go with the flow and i believe this system will enable me have a dream at least so to speak. The dream that one day things might actually be better if you work and plan for it. Rather than to live without any hope, that my future looks bleak and out of control from my hands. At least, i can sleep and live my life with small pinch of soft hope that my future is still bright and energizing!

Lots of ideas and lots of opinions. Sensitive issues and touching stories. This is how i would describe it. The real world of the truth. Be aware of it, live your life simple and be positive inspite of all the news and negativity that happens around us today. If you were to be borned into a world of peaceful place to live, be proud and be grateful. Sometimes, there are people who are born into a war-torn or chaotic environment that they themselves have no choices in their life but to fight for survival only. Imagine Middle East, Iraq, Afghanistan and etc. I'm having a soft heart even when i'm typing this out.

But, things can be better and events can be contructive if you make your mind to be. Smiles and positivity is there and they do exist in the world. Achieve, plan and work for your goals and dreams. As a famous saying goes from our own Mr.Tony Fernandes, CEO of AirAsia, "You only live once. Dare to dream and make it happen".

You might come out a victor! I wish you all the best and best of luck!

No comments: